A recent survey has found that stroke survivors need more support with take medicines, reports the Pharmaceutical Journal.
The survey, taken amongst stroke survivors in London and the East of England, has found that one-in-ten say they need more help with taking their medication.
With those survivors who already received assistance being the most likely to say their needs were not being met, it is vital that your staff are fully trained on how to assist stroke survivors by:
- Understanding the condition and the medicines used to treat it;
- Administering their medicines safely; and
- Following good medicines handling principles to keep people safe.
Opus provides accredited medicines training to ensure stroke survivors are given the help they need to feel supported with their medication.
Courses for You:
All Opus courses are:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion