The accredited course you need to enable staff to administer medicines safely in children’s services.
Competency Assessment for Children’s Services & Residential Schools
An accredited online competency assessment to reliably assess the competence of staff in Children’s Services & Residential Schools.
About This Course
This competency assessment combines the features of our foundation and advanced online competency assessments and is suitable for:
- Managers who want to assess the competency of their staff who work in children’s services or residential schools
- Staff members who want to make sure they are competent in medicines handling
- Senior staff who are training to become an assessor (in combination with the Children’s Services and Schools Advanced Distance Learning Workbook) and who want to “assess the assessor”.
Click below for more information
- Course Information
How it works:
The online competency assessment takes about 30 minutes to complete.
How the competency assessment can benefit your care organisation:
- Can evidence to the regulator who is competent to handle medicines within your organisation
- Time and cost saving -no longer need to assign a senior member of staff to assess competence
- Provides a consistent approach to competency assessment
- Can be used as part of your recruitment process to ensure new staff meet your standards
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Endorsed by Skills for Care
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a Learning Needs Report on completion
£25 + VAT per licence
We offer the following discounted rates:
- £22.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence.
- £20 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
Yes! All of our courses and services are accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS). This is what the RPS said about Opus:
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Children’s Services
Advanced Distance Learning & Resource Pack for Schools: Competency Assessment, Auditing and Management of Medication IncidentsAdd to basket
Anaphylaxis and the Use of Adrenaline Auto-injectors Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Medicines Awareness Refresher Course for Schools
Supporting Pupils with Diabetes
Medication Management & Audit for Homecare & ReablementAdd to basket
Face to Face