The accredited course you need to be able to assess competence of your staff.
Medicines Administration Training for Nurses in the Community
This accredited course is suitable for Nurses providing medicines support to people in the community.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This course is available as a half-day (3 hour), face to face session.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Summarise the key points of law and regulation relating to medicines administration
- Describe the medicines administration “6 Rights” and their relationship to potential consequences of incorrect administration
- List and discuss the steps involved in medicines administration in the community
- Summarise the requirements for medicines administration, record keeping, medicines handling and disposal
All courses include engaging activities, exercises and case studies.
- Legal issues
- Medicine labels
- Understanding dosage instructions
- Medicines policy
- Medicines support
- Controlled Drugs storage and transport
- Off label use of medicines
- Prescription/ administration directions
- 6 Rights of administration
- Procedure for administration
- Handling of medicines
- Measuring liquids
- Use of blister packs and original packs
- Covert administration
- Route of administration- oral, topical, rectal, nebulisers
- Refusal of medicines
- Expiry dates
- Non-prescribed medicines
- Medication errors
- When to report
- Case studies
- Published guidance
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£480 + VAT for up to 16 delegates Course presented by a qualified Pharmacist trainer.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Assessors Workshop for Medicines HandlingAdd to basket
Face to Face
Care Home Download PackAdd to basket
Managing Medicines Errors and Reducing HarmAdd to basket
Face to Face
Homecare & Reablement Foundation Competency AssessmentAdd to basket