An accredited medicines foundation course to update nurses on current procedures and guidance.
Mental Health Medication
The accredited course you need to understand a variety of mental health conditions and the medicines used to treat them.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do your staff require more information about medicines used in mental health? It is important for staff to have an increased knowledge of medicines used in mental health and to be up to date with current medicines and treatments. Our interactive Mental Health Medication course provides detailed advice and guidance with a focus on commonly prescribed medicines used in the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety, sleep disorders, depression and dementia to help staff feel confident and informed when administering these medicines. The accredited course you need to understand a variety of mental health conditions and the medicines used to treat them. Course Content:
- Schizophrenia- types of medication used, dosages and side effects
- Bipolar Disorder- medication usage and side effects
- Anxiety- types of medication used, use of new treatments and side effects
- Sleep Disorders- management of insomnia by use of medication and non-drug strategies
- Depression- medications used, dosages, side effects and counselling tips and strategies
- Dementia- use of medications, side effects and non-drug strategies
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£490 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates. We offer a discounted rate of £525 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Side Effects and Interactions of Medicines CourseView products
Face to Face
Understanding Medicines in Diabetes Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Care HomesView products
e-Learning / Distance Learning / Face to Face