The accredited distance learning course for senior staff responsible for assessing competence, auditing medicines and managing medicines errors and incidents.
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Children’s Services
The accredited course you need to enable staff to administer medicines safely in children’s services.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are all your staff trained to handle medicines? Ofsted inspection guidelines state that staff must have training to enable them to ‘meet the specific needs of the children and young people’ they support. Our Safe Handling of Medicines Foundation course ensures your staff are fully trained and up to date with best practice guidance to help reduce medicines errors and incidents in children’s services. The accredited course you need to enable staff to administer medicines within your children’s service or whilst out on day trips.
- Covert administration
- Homely remedies and over the counter medicines
- Importance of dose timings
- How to use eye drops, patches, inhalers, creams etc
- Legal Issues
- Medicines for short stay and school trips
- The importance of medicine labels
- Understanding dosage instructions
- Basic hygiene when administering medicines
- Principles of a medicines policy
- Specialist tasks
- How to reduce medicines errors
- Reporting refusals, side effects and errors
- Expiry dates
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£490 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates We offer a discounted rate of £525 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates
E-Learning£35 + VAT per licence We offer the following discounted prices: - £30 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence. - £27.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence. Please get in touch to find out about further discounts for larger orders.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Advanced Distance Learning & Resource Pack for Schools: Competency Assessment, Auditing and Management of Medication IncidentsAdd to basket
Medication Management & Competency Assessment for Children’s ServicesEnquire Now
Face to Face
Care Home Download PackAdd to basket
Competency Assessment for Children’s Services & Residential SchoolsAdd to basket