The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Parkinson’s Disease.
Safe Handling of Medicines (Practical) Workshop for Homecare & Reablement
For new or existing staff who want to supplement their Safe Handling of Medicines Foundation course learning with further practical administration tasks and recording exercises
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This accredited and interactive workshop provides a practical approach to training with learners engaging in hands
on, practical activities that focus on adopting the correct procedures to reduce the likelihood of errors. After this
session, you will feel confident to:
- Use the correct, safe procedures for handling medicines
- Administer tablets, capsules, liquids, eye drops, eye ointment, inhalers, creams and patches
- Record administration of medicines accurately
- Understand PRN protocols
- Identify problem areas with medicines and take action to reduce the likelihood of error
- Practice how to record on medication sheets including:
- Regular doses
- Medicines given late
- Variable doses
- Offering PRN medicines
- Other common scenarios
- Safe selection of medicines
- Practical administration of:
- Eye drops
- Complete a PRN protocol
- Spot the deliberate errors on medication record sheets
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with current best practice
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion following an assessment at the end of the course
Comprehensive workbooks and resources are issued to all delegates.
£525 + VAT for up to 16 delegatesDelivered as virtual learning (via video conferencing system) or face-to-face training
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in Parkinson’s Disease Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Anaphylaxis and the Use of Adrenaline Auto-injectors Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for Homecare & ReablementView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Homecare & ReablementView products
e-Learning / Distance Learning / Face to Face