The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Schizophrenia.
Testing TEST TEST TEST cloudways
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
What are the learning outcomes?
To be able to identify
- What anaphylaxis is and what causes it
- What the symptoms of anaphylaxis are
- What the emergency treatment for anaphylaxis is
To be able to use
- Different types of adrenaline autoinjectors (EpiPen®, Jext® and Emerade®)
- The correct procedures, protocols and risk assessments in a care / school setting
This interactive, self-study distance learning workbook incorporates activities, case studies, a self-assessment checklist including links to videos and a multiple choice knowledge assessment. Details are provided to access trainer pens.
A certificate is awarded on successful completion of the assessment.
- What is anaphylaxis?
- What causes anaphylaxis?
- Major food allergens
- How common is anaphylaxis?
- Symptoms of anaphylaxis
- What you should do if someone is having an anaphylactic reaction
- Procedures, protocols and risk assessments
- How to use different types of adrenaline auto-injector pens
- Supporting young people at risk of anaphylaxis
- Anaphylaxis and the use of adrenaline auto-injectors in schools
- Individual HealthCare Plans
- Current issues impacting availability of adrenaline auto-injectors
- General tips
Access our free adrenaline auto-injector competency assessments to assess your staff in the workplace following training – www.opuspharmserve.com/downloads
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in Schizophrenia Distance Learning Workbook
Understanding Medicines in Dementia Distance Learning Workbook
Understanding Medicines in Depression & Bipolar Disorder Distance Learning Workbook
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Controlled Drugs & High Risk MedicinesView products
Face to Face
Assessors Refresher Course for Medicines Handling and Managing IncidentsEnquire Now
Face to Face
Administration of Warfarin Distance Learning Workbook