The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Depression and Bipolar Disorder.
Understanding Medicines in Dementia Distance Learning Workbook
The accredited distance learning course you need to understand the medicines prescribed to people living with dementia.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This accredited course is available as an interactive self-study distance learning workbook.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the different types of dementia
- Understand the causes and symptoms of dementia
- Describe the behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD)
- Understand the medicines used in the management of dementia
- Describe the side effects with these medicines
All courses include engaging activities, exercises and case studies.
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- What is dementia?
- Types of dementia including Alzheimer’s, vascular dementia, mixed dementia, Lewy body dementia, fronto-temporal dementia
- Symptoms of dementia and impact on daily living
- Diagnosis of dementia
- Aims of treatment
- Medicines used for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Medicines used for vascular dementia
- Behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD)
- Medicines used to manage BPSD
- Non-drug therapies
- Antipsychotics, antidepressants, anticonvulsants
- Side effects of medicines used
- PRN medicines
- Dementia and sleep disorders
- Mental capacity and covert administration of medicines
A certificate is awarded on successful completion of the assessment.
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more.*Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in Depression & Bipolar Disorder Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basketDelivery Type:
Care Home Download PackAdd to basketDelivery Type:
Buccal Midazolam & EpilepsyView productsDelivery Type:
Distance Learning / Face to Face
Medical Conditions: Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease & MSView productsDelivery Type:
Face to Face
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Care HomesView productsDelivery Type:
e-Learning / Distance Learning / Face to Face