The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Schizophrenia.
Understanding Medicines in Depression & Bipolar Disorder Distance Learning Workbook
The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Depression and Bipolar Disorder.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This accredited course is available as an interactive self-study distance learning workbook. On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe what depression and bipolar disorder are
- Understand the symptoms and causes of depression and bipolar disorder
- Understand the treatments for depression and bipolar disorder
- Describe the types of antidepressants, anti-psychotics and mood-stabilising medicines used to treat the conditions
- Describe the side effects with these medicines
All courses include engaging activities, exercises and case studies.
- What is depression?
- Symptoms and causes of depression
- Talking therapies
- Antidepressants-types and side effects
- Serotonin syndrome
- Anti-psychotics –side effects and red flag side effects
- PRN medicines
- What is bipolar disorder?
- Mania and hypomania
- Myths surrounding bipolar disorder
- Treatment of mania
- Mood-stabilising medicines- lithium, valproate, carbamazepine, lamotrigine
- Doses and side effects
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in Schizophrenia Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Managing Medicines for People with Dementia
Advanced Carers Programme (England)Enquire Now
Face to Face
Buccal Midazolam & Epilepsy
Medical Conditions: Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease & MS