The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Depression and Bipolar Disorder.
Understanding Medicines in Anxiety & Sleep Disorders Distance Learning Workbook
The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for anxiety and sleep disorders.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This accredited course is available as an interactive self-study distance learning workbook.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe the different types of anxiety disorder including generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, OCD, panic disorder, PTSD
- Describe the symptoms of anxiety and sleep disorders
- Understand the causes of anxiety and sleep disorders
- Understand the treatment aims for anxiety and sleep disorders
- Describe the types of medicines used in the treatment of anxiety and sleep disorders
- Describe the common side effects of the medicines used
- Understand when and how to use “when required” (PRN) medicines in the treatment of anxiety
All courses include engaging activities, exercises and case studies.
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- What is anxiety?
- Difference between anxiety and stress
- When do anxiety and stress become a problem?
- Symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Types of anxiety disorder including generalised anxiety disorder, phobias, OCD, panic disorder, PTSD
- Treatment for anxiety disorders
- Medicines used to treat anxiety- including antidepressants
- Side effects of SSRI and tricyclic antidepressants
- Serotonin syndrome
- Pregabalin, beta blockers, benzodiazepines and their side effects
- What are sleep disorders?
- Causes and treatment
- Non-drug treatments
- Medicines used in sleep disorders including benzodiazepines, Z-drugs, antihistamines, antidepressants
- PRN medicines
A certificate is awarded on successful completion of the assessment.
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in Depression & Bipolar Disorder Distance Learning Workbook
Understanding Medicines in Schizophrenia Distance Learning Workbook
Understanding Medicines in Dementia Distance Learning Workbook
Administration of Warfarin Distance Learning Workbook
Understanding Medicines in Diabetes Distance Learning Workbook
Managing Medicines for People with DementiaView products
Face to Face
Understanding Medicines in DiabetesView products
Face to Face / Distance Learning