An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained.
This accredited course is designed for staff who have already completed the foundation training and require a medicines handling update session. It is available as a face to face course or e-learning. On completion of the course, you will have refreshed knowledge of:
- Safe procedures for handling medicines
- Latest guidance and legislation with regard to medicines handling
- Potential problems with medicines and how to avoid/ overcome them
All courses include engaging activities, exercises and case studies based on delegates’ previous experience and courses can be tailored to incorporate issues, incidents and challenges delegates have encountered through the course of their work.
OPUS medicines refresher courses are:
- Presented and developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers;
- Engaging and interactive;
- A forum to ask questions & queries;
- Accredited by CPD (and formerly the Royal Pharmaceutical Society prior to them stopping their accreditation offering), and endorsed by Skills for Care; and
- Tailored to your care setting.
Did You Know?
Delegates can complete their accredited e-learning course in their own time then join virtually as a group to:
- Have questions & queries answered by a qualified Pharmacist
- Address medication issues specific to their organisation
- Cover important elements of the organisation’s medication policy
Find out more about our E-learning here or contact us to discuss blended learning