Innovative online competency assessment suitable for assessing the competence of Managers, Nurses and senior staff who regularly administer medicines.
Administering & Handling Controlled Drugs Online Interactive Workbook
The accredited online distance learning workbook you need to administer and handle Controlled Drugs in your care setting.
Delivered as an online interactive workbook with online assessment and immediate certificate of successful completion.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do you handle Controlled Drugs where you work?
Our accredited Administering & Handling Controlled Drugs Online Interactive Workbook allows you to learn at your own pace and provides detailed information on Controlled Drugs and how to handle and administer them in your care setting.
Complete your assessment online following the completion of your workbook. Receive your certificate of successful completion immediately after the course.
- Describe what Controlled Drugs are and how they are classified
- Describe the requirements for storing, administering, and disposing of Controlled Drugs (CDs)
- Demonstrate how to complete and maintain CD records
- Describe the process for auditing CDs
- Recognise potential problems and how to avoid / overcome them
- Schedules of Controlled Drugs and their requirements
- Types of Controlled Drugs medicines
- Case studies on fentanyl, morphine, oxycodone
- Methylphenidate and the difference between brands
- Top tips for ordering,collecting,checking in,storing,administering,
- Activities to practice recording in the CD register
- Top tips for setting up a CD register, recording receipt and disposal of CDs
- Ongoing use of the CD register
- Balance checking
- Auditing CDs
- How to handle discrepancies
- Activities on reducing the likelihood of medicines errors with CDs
This course is:
- Accredited by CPD
- Endorsed by Skills for Care
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion – available immediately