An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained. For all domiciliary care.
Transcribing Distance Learning Workbook
Designed for senior staff who are responsible for transcribing medicines information onto MAR sheets.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This accredited workbook enables staff to:
- Prepare, amend and update MAR sheets accurately and effectively
- Identify areas of risk when transcribing
- Avoid errors on MAR sheets
- Ensure the best outcomes are achieved for the people you support
What does the course include?
- Transcribing considerations:
- When is it appropriate to transcribe?
- When is it not appropriate to transcribe?
- How to record numbers
- How to number the MAR charts
- How to record small volumes
- How units should be expressed
- How doses should be written
- How to record medicines with the same name
- Understanding the details on the medicines label
- Updating and amending MAR sheets
- Transcribing of dose changes
- What are the risks?
- Warfarin and high risk medicines
- Discontinued and continued medicines
- Accuracy checking
- Practical MAR sheet exercises
- Best practice to avoid errors
- Assessment and action plan
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook*:£55 per workbook £50 per workbook for orders of 5 or more *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
- Distance Learning Workbook with practice exercises
- Assessment and marking
- Transcribing Competency Assessment Tool
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for Homecare & Reablement
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Children’s Services
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for Nurses
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Care HomesView products
e-Learning / Distance Learning / Face to Face