The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Parkinson’s Disease.
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for Homecare & Reablement
An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained. For all domiciliary care.
About This Course
For face-to-face training options, please contact us on 0333 939 0053 or email [email protected]
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Suitable for people who have previously completed the foundation course or whose certificate is about to expire.
Is it time for your staff to refresh their medicines training? It is important for staff to have up to date knowledge of medicines handling and administration in order to remain confident and competent in the workplace and to reduce the likelihood of medicines errors. Our Refresher course covers:
- Latest guidance and legislation
- Potential problems with medicines and how to avoid/ overcome them
- Safe procedures for handling medicines to ensure your staff are trained and up to date.
An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for people who have previously completed the foundation course or whose certificate is about to expire.
- Legal issues
- Principles of a medicines policy
- Storage Administration and Handling
- 6 Rights of administration
- Procedure for administration
- Covert administration
- Routes of administration
- Homely remedies and over the counter medication
- Expiry dates
- Importance of audit
- Risk assessment
- Medicines handling for day trips/ social leave
- Verbal orders
- Emergency / interim supplies
- Dose changes
- Controlled Drug recording
- Medicine errors
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£490 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates We offer a discounted rate of £525 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates
E-Learning£25 + VAT per licence We offer the following discounted rates: £22.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence. £20 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence. Please get in touch to find out about further discounts for larger orders.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in Parkinson’s Disease Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Anaphylaxis and the Use of Adrenaline Auto-injectors Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Assessors Workshop for Medicines HandlingEnquire Now
Face to Face
Medicines Administration Training for Nurses in the CommunityEnquire Now
Face to Face