The accredited course you need to administer and record warfarin safely.
Buccal Midazolam & Epilepsy Distance Learning Workbook (Paper Assessment)
The accredited paper-based distance learning course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
Comes with a paper assessment.
About This Course
Click here for Paper Distance Learning Workbook with Online Assessment | Click here for Online Interactive Distance Learning Workbook
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are you fully trained to administer buccal midazolam? You never know when a person in your care may experience a severe epileptic seizure. Staff need to be confident and trained on current best practice to fully support a person with epilepsy.
Our Buccal Midazolam Distance Learning Workbook allows you to learn at your own pace and provides detailed information on epilepsy, its symptoms and available treatments as well as up to date guidance on buccal midazolam and how to administer it in your care setting.
Complete the paper-based assessment, return to OPUS via scan or photo. Certificates of successful completion sent by email following marking by the OPUS team.
The accredited distance learning course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- What is epilepsy?
- What is a seizure?
- Types of epilepsy and seizures
- Signs and symptoms of partial seizures
- What triggers a seizure?
- Treatments of epilepsy
- Side effects and anti-epileptic medicines
- When to report
- Medicines that interact with anti-epileptic medicines
- Risks of anti-epileptic medicines and pregnancy
- First Aid for seizures
- Status Epilepticus prevention and treatment
- Buccal midazolam – Brands – Administration – Procedures – General advice – After treatment with buccal midazolam – Side effects – Storage – Disposal
- Individual Healthcare Plans
- Further information
- Putting your learning into practice
Delegates complete an online assessment following completion of the paper-based workbook.
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Endorsed by Skills for Care
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£16.50 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £14.00 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £11.50 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Administration of Warfarin Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Asthma & Inhalers CourseEnquire Now
Face to Face
Medication Management & Audit for Care HomesEnquire Now
Face to Face