An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained.
Administration of Warfarin Distance Learning Workbook
The accredited course you need to administer and record warfarin safely.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do you support someone taking warfarin? Warfarin is a high risk medicine with an increased likelihood of error. It is important for staff to fully understand how to administer and record warfarin in their care setting. Our Warfarin Distance Learning Workbook provides staff with detailed information on warfarin, why it’s prescribed, why and how it’s monitored and what precautions are needed for people who take warfarin. The accredited course you need to administer and record warfarin safely.
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- What is warfarin and what is it used for?
- Getting the dose right
- What are the doses?
- What are the side effects?
- Monitoring warfarin doses
- Medicines that interact with warfarin
- Warfarin and diet
- Warfarin use in case services
- Administration of warfarin
- Recording of warfarin
- Managers Good Practice Audit
- Putting your learning into practice
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”