An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained.
Buccal Midazolam & Epilepsy Distance Learning Workbook (Online Assessment)
The accredited paper-based distance learning workbook you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
Comes with online course assessment and immediate certificate upon successful completion.
Also available as a paper copy distance learning workbook with a paper assessment or as an online interactive distance learning workbook
About This Course
Click here for Online Interactive Distance Learning Workbook | Click here for Paper Distance Learning Workbook with Paper Assessment
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are you fully trained to administer buccal midazolam? You never know when a person in your care may experience a severe epileptic seizure. Staff need to be confident and trained on current best practice to fully support a person with epilepsy.
Our Buccal Midazolam Distance Learning Workbook allows you to learn at your own pace and provides detailed information on epilepsy, its symptoms and available treatments as well as up to date guidance on buccal midazolam and how to administer it in your care setting.
Complete your assessment online following the completion of your workbook. Receive your certificate of successful completion immediately after the course.
The accredited distance learning course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- What is epilepsy?
- What is a seizure?
- Types of epilepsy and seizures
- Signs and symptoms of partial seizures
- What triggers a seizure?
- Treatments of epilepsy
- Side effects and anti-epileptic medicines
- When to report
- Medicines that interact with anti-epileptic medicines
- Risks of anti-epileptic medicines and pregnancy
- First Aid for seizures
- Status Epilepticus prevention and treatment
- Buccal midazolam – Brands – Administration – Procedures – General advice – After treatment with buccal midazolam – Side effects – Storage – Disposal
- Individual Healthcare Plans
- Further information
- Putting your learning into practice
Delegates complete an online assessment following completion of the paper-based workbook.
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Endorsed by Skills for Care
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion- available immediately
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”