An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained.
Supporting Pupils with Diabetes
The accredited course you need to support a pupil with diabetes and understand their medicines.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do you support a child with diabetes? You never know when a young person in your care may experience a hypo. Staff need to be confident and trained on current best practice to fully support a child with diabetes. Our Supporting Pupils with Diabetes course provides staff with detailed information on diabetes, its symptoms and available treatments as well as up to date guidance on effectively managing diabetes. The accredited course you need to support a pupil with diabetes and understand their medicines.
- What is diabetes?
- Understanding blood glucose and insulin
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Risk factors for diabetes
- Symptoms of diabetes
- Treatment of diabetes and monitoring
- Types of medicines used in diabetes
- Treatments to reduce risk factors
- Complications of diabetes
- Hypos and hypers
- Procedures needed in the school setting
- Individual healthcare plans
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£525 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates. Course presented by a qualified Pharmacist trainer.
E-Learning£15 + VAT per licence We offer the following discounted rates: £12.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence 10 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”