The one-stop solution for staff who need to complete their essential training on medicines administration and handling, and be assessed as competent to put this knowledge into practice in the workplace. Combines our Safe Handling of Medicines Foundation E-learning Course, and our Online Competency Assessment for the Administration of Medicines.
Online Interactive Advanced Distance Learning & Resource Pack for Schools & Children’s Services: Competency Assessment, Auditing and Management of Medication Incidents
The online accredited distance learning course for senior staff responsible for assessing competence, auditing medicines and managing medicines errors and incidents in schools and children’s services.
Also available as a paper workbook – click here to find out more
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are you responsible for managing medicines in your school or children’s service? Senior staff should have a detailed understanding of how to competency assess their staff and how to manage medicines incidents in their setting. OPUS’ interactive distance learning workbook provides advice on competency assessment, auditing and management of medicines incidents in schools and children’s services and provides you with the tools to implement safe processes.
The accredited distance learning course for senior staff responsible for assessing competence, auditing medicines and managing medicines errors and incidents.
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Good practice
- Achieving the best outcomes
- Medication management and auditing including:
- Understanding processes
- PRN management
- Effective communication with parents and healthcare professionals
- Treating minor ailments and promoting self-care
- Challenges with medicines in schools, colleges and children’s services
- Conducting a medicines audit
- Checking medicines records
- Competency Assessment
- Coaching and mentoring
- Assessment of competence
- Incident Management
This course is:
- Accredited by CPD
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion