An accredited medicines foundation course to update nurses on current procedures and guidance.
Assessors Refresher Course for Medicines Handling and Managing Incidents
An accredited virtual learning refresher course for those who have completed the Assessors Workshop or whose certificate has expired. Enables you to assess the competence of your staff.
About This Course
For face-to-face training options, please contact us on 0333 939 0053 or email [email protected]
Click below for more information
- Course Information
How confident are you in assessing competency? This accredited course is designed to refresh training for managers, senior staff and those involved in assessing the competence of care staff. Following this 3-hour workshop, staff will be able to:
- Identify areas for improvement in competency assessment
- Improve the skills and techniques needed to assess competence and manage incidents
- Identify areas of concerns with medicines and put measures in place to mitigate the risks
- Provide practical solutions to aid incident management of medicines
- Demonstrate competence and confidence in the areas of competency assessment and management of errors
- Create an action plan
- How confident are you in assessing competency?
- Are you satisfied with your outcomes?
- What has been your experience of assessing competency?
- Do you have any concerns about how to assess competency effectively?
- Medicines management
- Role models
- How do people learn?
- Work-based learning
- Exercises using competency assessment tools
- Checking competency in the workplace
- Feedback model
- Training and competency
- Effective incident management
- Case studies
- Reporting errors
- Action plan
An accredited refresher course for those who have completed the Assessors Workshop or whose certificate has expired. Enables you to assess the competence of your staff.
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£525 + VAT for up to 10 delegates. Course presented by a qualified Pharmacist trainer.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”