An accredited 3-Day Programme to enable senior carers to administer medicines in a nursing home (England).
Assessors Refresher Course for Medicines Handling and Managing Incidents
An accredited virtual learning refresher course for those who have completed the Assessors Workshop or whose certificate has expired. Enables you to assess the competence of your staff.
About This Course
For face-to-face training options, please contact us on 0333 939 0053 or email [email protected]
Click below for more information
- Course Information
How confident are you in assessing competency? This accredited course is designed to refresh training for managers, senior staff and those involved in assessing the competence of care staff. Following this 3-hour workshop, staff will be able to:
- Identify areas for improvement in competency assessment
- Improve the skills and techniques needed to assess competence and manage incidents
- Identify areas of concerns with medicines and put measures in place to mitigate the risks
- Provide practical solutions to aid incident management of medicines
- Demonstrate competence and confidence in the areas of competency assessment and management of errors
- Create an action plan
- How confident are you in assessing competency?
- Are you satisfied with your outcomes?
- What has been your experience of assessing competency?
- Do you have any concerns about how to assess competency effectively?
- Medicines management
- Role models
- How do people learn?
- Work-based learning
- Exercises using competency assessment tools
- Checking competency in the workplace
- Feedback model
- Training and competency
- Effective incident management
- Case studies
- Reporting errors
- Action plan
An accredited refresher course for those who have completed the Assessors Workshop or whose certificate has expired. Enables you to assess the competence of your staff.
This course is:
- Accredited by CPD
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
- £595 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates
Face to Face Training
- £675 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates
- Travel costs may apply
How long do the courses take?
We offer full day Foundation courses (6 hours) and also can combine any two 3-hour courses to create a full day session.
Our Foundation e-learning courses take between 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. Competency Assessments and Refresher courses take approximately 1 hour and Bite-size courses take approximately 30 minutes.
Our distance learning workbooks can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
Are OPUS courses accredited?
Where do courses take place?
Virtual learning sessions are accessed via Zoom link and are presented by a Pharmacist-trainer.
E-learning courses are completed online and can be used on any internet-enabled device, including Macs, PCs and iPads.
Distance Learning Workbooks are posted promptly to an address of your choosing. Larger order can be couriered to you or sent recorded delivery.
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
Manager’s courses are undertaken in smaller groups of up to 10 delegates.
When do I get my certificate?
For our face to face courses, the trainer will mark your assessments and all successful delegates will be able to access their certificates within 48 hours of the course via our Online Learning Zone.
Virtual learning certificates are available immediately upon successful completion of the assessment via our Online Learning Zone.
How long does my certificate last for?
Competency assessments certificates are valid for 1 year in line with CQC guidance. Skills for Care guidance recommends that training be updated at least annually and OPUS offers online competency assessments which can be used a year after your training for this purpose and refresher courses which can be completed when your certificate expires.
How do I get set up for E-learning?
If you are purchasing more than one licence for an organisation, you may want to assign someone from your organisation to issue passwords to your staff and to print certificates. This person will be termed as a group "manager/instructor”. Provide the instructor’s name and email during checkout and they will receive all login details they need by email.