An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained.
Assessors Refresher Course for Medicines Handling and Managing Incidents
An accredited virtual learning refresher course for those who have completed the Assessors Workshop or whose certificate has expired. Enables you to assess the competence of your staff.
About This Course
For face-to-face training options, please contact us on 0333 939 0053 or email [email protected]
Click below for more information
- Course Information
How confident are you in assessing competency? This accredited course is designed to refresh training for managers, senior staff and those involved in assessing the competence of care staff. Following this 3-hour workshop, staff will be able to:
- Identify areas for improvement in competency assessment
- Improve the skills and techniques needed to assess competence and manage incidents
- Identify areas of concerns with medicines and put measures in place to mitigate the risks
- Provide practical solutions to aid incident management of medicines
- Demonstrate competence and confidence in the areas of competency assessment and management of errors
- Create an action plan
- How confident are you in assessing competency?
- Are you satisfied with your outcomes?
- What has been your experience of assessing competency?
- Do you have any concerns about how to assess competency effectively?
- Medicines management
- Role models
- How do people learn?
- Work-based learning
- Exercises using competency assessment tools
- Checking competency in the workplace
- Feedback model
- Training and competency
- Effective incident management
- Case studies
- Reporting errors
- Action plan
An accredited refresher course for those who have completed the Assessors Workshop or whose certificate has expired. Enables you to assess the competence of your staff.
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£525 + VAT for up to 10 delegates. Course presented by a qualified Pharmacist trainer.
How long do the courses take?
Most of our face to face courses are half day (3-hour) sessions with a qualified Pharmacist trainer at your venue. Some supplementary courses, such as buccal midazolam & epilepsy or Epipen & adrenaline auto-injector administration, are 2-hour sessions.
Our Foundation e-learning courses take between 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. Competency Assessments and Refresher courses take approximately 1 hour and Bite-size courses take approximately 30 minutes.
Our distance learning workbooks can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
Are Opus courses accredited?
Yes! All of our courses and services are accredited by CPD, and we are a Skills for Care Endorsed Training Provider.
Where do courses take place?
E-learning courses are completed online and can be used on any internet-enabled device, including Macs, PCs and Ipads.
Distance Learning Workbooks are posted promptly to an address of your choosing. Larger order can be couriered to you or sent recorded delivery.
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
Our face to face courses are for small groups of up to 10 learners or we can provide training for larger groups of up to 16- whichever works for you!
Manager’s courses are undertaken in smaller groups of up to 10 delegates.
When do I get my certificate?
For our face to face courses, the trainer will mark your assessments and all successful delegates will receive their certificate via email following the training, usually within 7 days.
With distance learning, simply pop your completed assessment in the post or scan it in and email it to us for marking and your certificate will be emailed to you for you to print off and keep.
How long does my certificate last for?
For most courses, certificates have a recommended refresher of 2 years.
Skills for Care guidance recommends that training be updated at least annually and Opus offers online competency assessments which can be used a year after your training for this purpose and refresher courses which can be completed when your certificate expires.