The accredited course you need to understand stroke and arthritis and the medicines used to treat these conditions.
Buccal Midazolam & Epilepsy Online Interactive Workbook
The accredited online distance learning workbook you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
Delivered as an online interactive workbook with online assessment and immediate certificate of successful completion.
About This Course
Click here for Paper Distance Learning Workbook with Online Assessment | Click here for Paper Distance Learning Workbook with Paper Assessment
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are you fully trained to administer buccal midazolam? You never know when a person in your care may experience a severe epileptic seizure. Staff need to be confident and trained on current best practice to fully support a person with epilepsy.
Our Buccal Midazolam Online Interactive Workbook allows you to learn at your own pace and provides detailed information on epilepsy, its symptoms and available treatments as well as up to date guidance on buccal midazolam and how to administer it in your care setting.
Complete your assessment online following the completion of your workbook. Receive your certificate of successful completion immediately after the course.
The accredited online learning course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- What is epilepsy?
- What is a seizure?
- Types of epilepsy and seizures
- Signs and symptoms of partial seizures
- What triggers a seizure?
- Treatments of epilepsy
- Side effects and anti-epileptic medicines
- When to report
- Medicines that interact with anti-epileptic medicines
- Risks of anti-epileptic medicines and pregnancy
- First Aid for seizures
- Status Epilepticus prevention and treatment
- Buccal midazolam – Brands – Administration – Procedures – General advice – After treatment with buccal midazolam – Side effects – Storage – Disposal
- Individual Healthcare Plans
- Further information
- Putting your learning into practice
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Endorsed by Skills for Care
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion – available immediately
Online Interactive Workbook£15 per workbook licence We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook licence for orders of 10 workbook licences or more. £10 per workbook licence for orders of 100 workbook licences or more. *No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Medical Conditions: Stroke and ArthritisView products
Face to Face
Assessors Refresher Course for Medicines Handling and Managing IncidentsEnquire Now
Face to Face
Care Home Foundation Competency AssessmentAdd to basket
Medical Conditions: Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease & MSView products
Face to Face