The accredited virtual learning course to enable senior staff to effectively audit medicines in care homes to prevent medicines errors and incidents.
Infection Control Distance Learning Workbook
The accredited workbook suitable for care staff providing practical assistance to people they support, kitchen staff preparing food and janitorial staff maintaining the cleanliness of the environment.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Why is it important to do this course?
Every workplace has risks of infection, no matter what the industry.
However, work activities that involve coming in close contact with human or animal skin, blood and/or bodily waste and fluids put workers at serious risk of contracting or even transmitting an infection.
For this reason, everyone at work should:
1) be aware of the ways that infections can spread from person to person and;
2) understand the standard infection control procedures that help to minimise infection risks and its spreading.
This workbook empowers learners with this important knowledge in an engaging and thought-provoking manner, helping them to safely manage infection risk for the wellbeing of themselves, their colleagues and those that they support and interact with on a daily basis.
Delegates complete an assessment online following completion of the workbook and can receive their certificate immediately following successful completion.
- What is an Infection?
- The Importance of Infection Control
- The Chain of Infection
- Infectious Agent
- Portal of Exit
- Mode of Transmission
- Portal of Entry
- Susceptible Host
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Standard Infection Control Precautions (SICP)
- Hand Hygiene,
- Respiratory and Personal Hygiene,
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe management of laundry
- Safe use and disposal of sharps
- Management of the Environment
- Management of Care Equipment
- Waste Management
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook*:£30 per workbook £27 per workbook for 10 - 29 workbooks £25 per workbook for orders of 30 or more workbooks.
- Distance Learning Workbook with practice exercises
- Online assessment
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Medication Management & Audit for Care HomesEnquire Now
Face to Face
Side Effects and Interactions of Medicines CourseView products
Face to Face
Care Home Foundation Competency AssessmentAdd to basket
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face