The accredited course you need to support a person with anaphylaxis and understand their medicines. This course is a 3 hour session.
Assessors Workshop for Medicines Handling
Accredited course providing Managers & Senior Staff with the skills and techniques to effectively assess the competence of their staff to administer medicines safely. Suitable for Managers and Senior Staff in adult services and children’s services.
About This Course
For face-to-face training options, please contact us on 0333 939 0053 or email [email protected]
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are you responsible for assessing the competency of staff? This accredited workshop is designed for managers, senior staff and those involved in assessing the competence of care staff in medicines handling. OPUS’ 3-hour interactive workshop covers the skills and techniques needed to assess competence effectively of your staff.
During the course, delegates will learn:
- How you undertake competency assessment using a competency assessment tool
- The skills and techniques to use, to elicit the information you need to sign staff off as competent
- How to communicate effectively with staff and have difficult conversations
- Specific medicines-related topics to discuss with staff, including their understanding of labels, MARs etc.
- How to use open and follow up questions
- How to identify and report on poor practice
- How to build an open culture and consistency across your organisation
- Look at the benefits of competency assessment
- Competence, skills and confidence
- Assessing competence
- Qualities of an assessors
- Using a competency assessment tool
- Techniques for assessing competence
- What can go wrong with medicines?
- Communicating effectively
- Giving feedback and setting goals
- Having difficult conversations
- Action planning
The accredited course you need to be able to assess competence of your staff.
This course is:
- Accredited by CPD
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
- £595 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates
Face to Face Training
- £675 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates
- Travel costs may apply
How long do the courses take?
We offer full day Foundation courses (6 hours) and also can combine any two 3-hour courses to create a full day session.
Our Foundation e-learning courses take between 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. Competency Assessments and Refresher courses take approximately 1 hour and Bite-size courses take approximately 30 minutes.
Our distance learning workbooks can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
Are OPUS courses accredited?
Where do courses take place?
Virtual learning sessions are accessed via Zoom link and are presented by a Pharmacist-trainer.
E-learning courses are completed online and can be used on any internet-enabled device, including Macs, PCs and iPads.
Distance Learning Workbooks are posted promptly to an address of your choosing. Larger order can be couriered to you or sent recorded delivery.
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
Manager’s courses are undertaken in smaller groups of up to 10 delegates.
When do I get my certificate?
For our face to face courses, the trainer will mark your assessments and all successful delegates will be able to access their certificates within 48 hours of the course via our Online Learning Zone.
Virtual learning certificates are available immediately upon successful completion of the assessment via our Online Learning Zone.
How long does my certificate last for?
Competency assessments certificates are valid for 1 year in line with CQC guidance. Skills for Care guidance recommends that training be updated at least annually and OPUS offers online competency assessments which can be used a year after your training for this purpose and refresher courses which can be completed when your certificate expires.
How do I get set up for E-learning?
If you are purchasing more than one licence for an organisation, you may want to assign someone from your organisation to issue passwords to your staff and to print certificates. This person will be termed as a group "manager/instructor”. Provide the instructor’s name and email during checkout and they will receive all login details they need by email.