The accredited course you need to support a person with diabetes and understand their medicines.
Understanding Medicines in Diabetes Distance Learning Workbook
The accredited distance learning course you need to support a person with diabetes and understand their medicines.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do you support someone with diabetes? You never know when a person in your care may experience a hypo. Staff need to be confident and trained on current best practice to fully support a person with diabetes. Our Diabetes Distance Learning Workbook allows you to learn at your own pace and provides detailed information on diabetes, its symptoms and available treatment as well as up to date guidance on effectively managing diabetes. The accredited distance learning course you need to support a person with diabetes and understand their medicines.
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- What is diabetes?
- Understanding blood glucose and insulin
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Risk factors for diabetes
- Symptoms of diabetes
- Treatment of diabetes and monitoring
- Types of medicines used in diabetes
- Treatments to reduce risk factors
- Complications of diabetes
- Hypos and hypers
- Detecting and treating complications
- Putting your learning into practice
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with Ofsted/CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in DiabetesView products
Face to Face / Distance Learning
Controlled Drugs & High Risk Medicines
Mental Health Medication
Medical Conditions: Stroke and Arthritis