Innovative online competency assessment suitable for assessing competence of staff who regularly administer medicines. Also suitable for nurses, managers and senior staff who wish to evidence their own competency as well as assess their staff.
Safe Handling of Medicines (Intermediate) Course
For staff who have already completed their Safe Handling of Medicines Foundation course and want to know more about the medicines they are administering, their side effects and what to look out for.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
On completion of this accredited course, you will be able to:
- Define your roles, responsibilities and boundaries with regard to safe handling of medicines
- Recognise the importance of noting and reporting any changes to a person following administration of medicines
- Recognise the importance of different types of medication
- Demonstrate knowledge of all the processes required to ensure safe handling of medicines
- Importance of medication prescribed
- What to look out for with specific medications
- Adverse reactions to medication
- Understanding processes by which medicines are prescribed, dispensed and obtained by the individual
- Roles, responsibilities and boundaries of staff with regard to medicines handling
- Confidentiality, consent and privacy
- Importance of audit and receiving medication into the home
- Risk assessment
- Medication handling for day trips, social leave etc
- Medicines handling for respite clients
- Dose changes
- Emergency and interim supplies
- Controlled Drug administration and recording
- Further routes of administration
- Complementary, herbal and homeopathic remedies
- Medication errors and reporting
- Guidance and support
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with current best practice
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion following an assessment at the end of the course
Comprehensive workbooks and resources are issued to all delegates.
£525+ VAT for up to 16 delegates
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Care Homes Advanced Competency AssessmentAdd to basket
Side Effects and Interactions of Medicines CourseView products
Face to Face
3 Day Nursing Assistants CourseEnquire Now
Face to Face
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face