The accredited course you need to support a person with asthma and understand their medicines.
Managing Medicines Errors and Reducing Harm
This accredited course is available as a half-day (3-hour) face to face workshop and is suitable for managers and senior staff who are responsible for managing errors and ensuring robust processes are in place.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This course looks at incident management ,what you can learn from reporting errors and how to target the underlying system failures rather than specific staff. It ensures managers and senior staff comply with KLOE S6- i.e. lessons are learned and improvements made when things go wrong.
This course is for 10 learners.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create good systems for reporting errors and near misses and investigating them
- Use errors and incidents to provide an opportunity to learn
- Understand root cause analysis and how to apply it using the 5 Why’s and Fishbone Tools
- Complete a Lessons Learnt exercise to evidence compliance to the regulator
Medication Incident/Error forms are provided and there is workshop practice of root cause analysis using real life examples and case studies.
- What is a medicines error?
- What is a near miss?
- Management of medicines errors
- Activity- Identify-Report-Review-Learn From
- Reporting medicines eerrors
- Activity-safeguarding incident
- Types of medicines error
- Activity- important facts to record on an error report form
- Reducing medicines errors
- handling medicines errors
- Lessons Learnt Exercise
- Identification techniques
- The 5 Whys
- Fishbone diagram
- Case studies
- Impact and recurrnace
- Analysis of errors
- Action planning
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£480 + VAT for up to 10 delegates Course presented by a qualified Pharmacist trainer.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Asthma & Inhalers CourseAdd to basket
Face to Face
Controlled Drugs & High Risk MedicinesView products
Face to Face
Care Home Download PackAdd to basket
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face