The accredited course you need to administer and record warfarin safely.
Assessors Refresher & Managers Update: An Advanced Distance Learning Workbook & Resource Pack
Is your Advanced Distance Learning Certificate expired or nearing expiry? Or are you a Manager who wants to keep updated on new guidance, useful facts and further information related to medicines? This refresher workbook will help you remain compliant and up to date.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Our Assessors Refresher and Managers Update Distance Learning Workbook has been designed to help you:
– Identify areas for improvement in competency assessment
– Improve the skills and techniques needed to assess competence and manage incidents
– Identify areas of concern with medicines and put measures in place to mitigate the risks
– Provide practical solutions to aid incident management of medicines
– Demonstrate competence and confidence in the areas of competency assessment and management of errors
This interactive, self-study distance learning workbook incorporates exercises, case studies and activities designed to provide practical guidance and support in solving and dealing with medication issues in the workplace.
The workbook also includes:
– Key updates and guidance regarding Controlled Drugs
– Risks Assessments for:
– Advice about Anticipatory Prescribing
A great resource for Nurses to use as part of their revalidation.
- Assessors Refresher including:
- Principles of Coaching – Why is it important?
- Using a Competency Assessment Tool
- Effective Incident Management
- Promoting Transparency
- Risks Assessments
- Controlled Drugs
- Anticipatory Prescribing
- Medicines not Routinely Prescribed
- Medicines Reconciliation
- Implementing CQC Guidance
- Useful Resources
- Action Planning
Following completion of the workbook, learners will receive a certificate.
This course is:
- Accredited by CPD
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook and Resource Pack*:
- £60 per workbook
- £55 per workbook for orders of 5 or more
How long do the courses take?
Most of our face to face courses are half day (3-hour) sessions with a qualified Pharmacist trainer at your venue. Some supplementary courses, such as buccal midazolam & epilepsy or Epipen & adrenaline auto-injector administration, are 2-hour sessions.
Our Foundation e-learning courses take between 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. Competency Assessments and Refresher courses take approximately 1 hour and Bite-size courses take approximately 30 minutes.
Our distance learning workbooks can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
Are OPUS courses accredited?
Yes! All of our courses and services are accredited by CPD, and we are a Skills for Care Endorsed Training Provider.
Where do courses take place?
E-learning courses are completed online and can be used on any internet-enabled device, including Macs, PCs and iPads.
Distance Learning Workbooks are posted promptly to an address of your choosing. Larger order can be couriered to you or sent recorded delivery.
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
Our face to face courses are for small groups of up to 16 learners.
Manager’s courses are undertaken in smaller groups of up to 10 delegates.
When do I get my certificate?
For our face to face courses, the trainer will mark your assessments and all successful delegates will receive their certificate via email following the training, usually within 7 days.
With distance learning, simply pop your completed assessment in the post or scan it in and email it to us for marking and your certificate will be emailed to you for you to print off and keep.
How long does my certificate last for?
For most courses, certificates have a recommended refresher of 2 years.
Skills for Care guidance recommends that training be updated at least annually and OPUS offers online competency assessments which can be used a year after your training for this purpose and refresher courses which can be completed when your certificate expires.