The accredited course you need to be able to assess competence of your staff.
Buccal Midazolam & Epilepsy
The accredited course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
About This Course
Also available as (click on an option below):
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are you fully trained to administer buccal midazolam? You never know when a person in your care may experience a severe epileptic seizure. Staff need to be confident and trained on current best practice to fully support a person with epilepsy. Our Buccal Midazolam and Epilepsy course provides staff with detailed information on buccal midazolam, when and how it should be administered and recorded, its side effects and storage as well as up to date guidance on how to manage epilepsy in your care setting. The accredited course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
- What is epilepsy?
- What is a seizure?
- Types of epilepsy and seizures
- Signs and symptoms of partial seizures
- What triggers a seizure?
- Treatments of epilepsy
- Side effects and anti-epileptic medicines
- When to report
- Medicines that interact with anti-epileptic medicines
- Risks of anti-epileptic medicines and pregnancy
- First Aid for seizures
- Status Epilepticus prevention and treatment
- Buccal midazolam
- General advice
- After treatment with buccal midazolam
- Side effects
- Individual Healthcare Plans
- Further information
- Putting your learning into practice
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£525 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Assessors Workshop for Medicines HandlingEnquire Now
Face to Face
Administration of Warfarin Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Understanding Medicines in Depression & Bipolar Disorder Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Managing Medicines for People with DementiaView products
Face to Face