The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for Parkinson’s Disease.
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Day Care
The accredited course you need to enable staff to administer medicines safely or support people with their medicines in day care.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are your staff fully trained to handle medicines and identify risks? To handle medicines safely, best practice requires that Day Care staff are trained and competent in administering medicines. Our Safe Handling of Medicines course for Day Care staff ensures your staff are fully trained and up to date with best practice guidance to help reduce medicines errors and incidents. The accredited course you need to enable staff to administer medicines safely or support people with their medicines in day care.
- Levels of support with medicines
- Family-filled dosette boxes
- Non-prescribed/ over-the-counter medication
- Administration (including basic hygiene)
- Recording administration of medicines
- Recording verbal prompts
- Covert administration
- Recognising and reporting side effects
- Side effects of commonly prescribed drugs
- Importance of dose timings
- How to use eye drops, patches, inhalers, creams etc.
- Legal issues
- Compliance aids
- Understanding dosage instructions
- Principles of a medication policy
- How to reduce medication errors
- Expiry dates
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with best practice requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£450 + VAT for a groups of up to 10 delegates. We offer a discounted rate of £480 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates.
E-Learning£35 + VAT per licence We offer the following discounted prices: - £30 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence. - £27.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence.
Distance Learning Workbook Pack*£40 per workbook pack (includes workbooks 1 and 2) We offer the following discounted prices: - £35 per workbook pack for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. - £32.50 per workbook pack for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged. Please get in touch to find out about further discounts for larger orders.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”