An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained.
Administration of Warfarin & Direct-Acting Oral Anticoagulants Online Interactive Workbook
The accredited online distance learning workbook you need to understand the administration of warfarin & direct-acting oral anticoagulants in your care setting.
Delivered as an online interactive workbook with online assessment and immediate certificate of successful completion.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do you support someone taking warfarin or a direct-acting oral anticoagulant?
Our accredited Administration of Warfarin & Direct-Acting Oral Anticoagulants Online Interactive Workbook allows you to learn at your own pace and provides detailed information on warfarin and direct-acting oral anticoagulants, and how to handle and administer them in your care setting.
Complete your assessment online following the completion of your workbook. Receive your certificate of successful completion immediately after the course.
- Explain what anticoagulants are and why they are prescribed
- State why and how warfarin treatment is monitored
- Describe what precautions are needed for people taking warfarin
- Describe how changes in warfarin dose are communicated and recorded
- identify the differences between the direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) and warfarin
- Anticoagulants: General Information
- What are anticoagulants?
- The potential impact of blood clots
- Why might anticoagulants be prescribed?
- Types of anticoagulants
- What are the risks associated with anticoagulants?
- What warfarin is prescribed for
- How long is warfarin taken for?
- Establishing the correct dosage of warfarin
- Monitoring warfarin doses
- The yellow book and alert cards
- Strengths and administration time of warfarin
- Missing a dose or taking an extra dose of warfarin
- Medicines that interact with warfarin
- Warfarin and diet
- Warfarin: Communications and Record Keeping
- Warfarin Use in Care Services
- Good practice guidance
- Top tips for administering warfarin
- Direct-Acting Oral Anticoagulants
- How to take DOACs
- Monitoring direct-acting oral anticoagulants
- Side Effects of Anticoagulants
This course is:
- Accredited by CPD
- Endorsed by Skills for Care
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion – available immediately