The accredited virtual learning course to enable senior staff to effectively audit medicines in care homes to prevent medicines errors and incidents.
Controlled Drugs & High Risk Medicines
The accredited course you need to enable staff to safely administer and record high risk medicines and controlled drugs and understand the issues surrounding them.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do your staff administer high risk medicines or controlled drugs? It is important for staff to fully understand the high risk medicines and controlled drugs they administer in order to ensure the safety of the people they support. Our Controlled Drugs & High Risk Medicines course trains staff to be able to:
- Identify high risk medicines and controlled drugs and their potential risks
- Define the correct policies and procedures for handling high risk medicines and controlled drugs
- Explain how to prevent incidents with high risk medicines to ensure the safety of the person you support
Face to Face The accredited course you need to enable staff to safely administer and record high risk medicines and controlled drugs and understand the issues surrounding them.
- Why certain medicines are considered high risk
- Review of:
- Controlled Drugs
- Main points to remember
- Avoiding errors
- The issues that cause missed or delayed doses
- How we can reduce the risk of missed doses
- Identifying errors in controlled drug recording
- Action Planning
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£490 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates. We offer a discounted rate of £525 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Medication Management & Audit for Care HomesEnquire Now
Face to Face
Medicines Awareness Foundation Course for Personal Assistants
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Nurses
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Children’s Services