The accredited distance learning course you need to support a person with diabetes and understand their medicines.
Managing Medicines for People with Dementia
The accredited course you need to support a person with dementia with their medicines.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do your staff require more information about how to support a person with dementia? It is important for staff to have an increased knowledge of medicines used to support someone with dementia and to be up to date with current medicines and treatments. Our interactive Managing Medicines fo People with Dementia course provides staff with detailed information on dementia, its causes and symptoms, medicines used to treat dementia as well as up to date guidance on how to assess capacity and best support a person with dementia. The accredited course you need to support a person with dementia with their medicines. Course Content:
- What is dementia?
- Difference between Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Cause of dementia
- Types of dementia
- Risk factors for Alzheimer’s
- Symptoms of dementia
- Medicines to treat dementia
- Non-drug strategies
- Living with dementia
- Anti-dementia drugs- treatments and review
- Side effects of anti-dementia drugs
- Recording refusals and who to contact
- Mental capacity and covert administration
- Assessing capacity and best interest checklist
- Taking medicines appropriately
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£490 + VAT for groups of up to 10 delegates. We offer a discounted rate of £525 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in Diabetes Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Assessors Workshop for Medicines HandlingAdd to basket
Face to Face
Buccal Midazolam & EpilepsyView products
Distance Learning / Face to Face