The accredited distance learning course you need to be up to date with current medicines and treatments used for anxiety and sleep disorders.
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Extra Care & Supported Living
The accredited course you need to enable staff to administer medicines or support people with their medicines in an extra care or supported living setting.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Do your staff prompt or administer medicines? NICE Guidance requires that ‘home care workers have the knowledge and skills needed to perform their duties safely’. Our Safe Handling of Medicines Foundation course ensures all staff are fully trained and up to date with best practice guidance to handle medicines safely and reduce medicines errors and incidents. The accredited course you need to enable staff to administer medicines or support people with their medicines in an extra care or supported living setting.
- Levels of support with medicines
- Family-filled dosette boxes
- Non-prescribed/over-the-counter medication
- Administration (including basic hygiene)
- Recording administration of medicines
- Recording verbal prompts
- Covert administration
- Recognising and reporting side effects
- Side effects of commonly prescribed drugs
- Importance of dose timings
- How to use eye drops, patches, inhalers, creams etc.
- Legal issues
- Compliance aids
- Understanding dosage instructions
- Principles of a medication policy
- How to reduce medication errors
- Expiry dates
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face Course£450 + VAT for a groups of up to 10 delegates. We offer a discounted rate of £480 + VAT for groups of up to 16 delegates.
E-Learning£35 + VAT per licence. We offer the following discounted prices: - £30 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence. - £27.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence.
Distance Learning Workbook Pack*£40 per workbook pack (includes workbooks 1 and 2) We offer the following discounted prices: - £35 per workbook pack for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. - £32.50 per workbook pack for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged. Please get in touch to find out about further discounts for larger orders.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”