An accredited 3-Day Programme to enable senior carers to administer medicines in a nursing home (England).
Buccal Midazolam & Epilepsy Distance Learning Workbook
The accredited distance learning course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Are you fully trained to administer buccal midazolam? You never know when a person in your care may experience a severe epileptic seizure. Staff need to be confident and trained on current best practice to fully support a person with epilepsy. Our Buccal Midazolam Distance Learning Workbook allows you to learn at your own pace and provides detailed information on epilepsy, its symptoms and available treatments as well as up to date guidance on buccal midazolam and how to administer it in your care setting. The accredited distance learning course you need to administer buccal midazolam safely.
- What is epilepsy?
- What is a seizure?
- Types of epilepsy and seizures
- Signs and symptoms of partial seizures
- What triggers a seizure?
- Treatments of epilepsy
- Side effects and anti-epileptic medicines
- When to report
- Medicines that interact with anti-epileptic medicines
- Risks of anti-epileptic medicines and pregnancy
- First Aid for seizures
- Status Epilepticus prevention and treatment
- Buccal midazolam – Brands – Administration – Procedures – General advice – After treatment with buccal midazolam – Side effects – Storage – Disposal
- Individual Healthcare Plans
- Further information
- Putting your learning into practice
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC/ Ofsted requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Distance Learning Workbook£15 per workbook We offer the following discounted prices: £12.50 per workbook for orders of 10 workbook packs or more. £10 per workbook for orders of 100 workbook packs or more. *Prices excluding postage. No VAT charged.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Advanced Carers Programme (England)Add to basket
Face to Face
Controlled Drugs & High Risk MedicinesView products
Face to Face
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for Care HomesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Medical Conditions: Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease & MSView products
Face to Face