An accredited course for carers who prompt people to take their medicines
Extra Care & Supported Living Foundation Competency Assessment
An accredited online tool to reliably assess the competence of your staff. Suitable for new staff or staff new to medicines administration.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Opus’ innovative online competency assessment allows you to assesses your staff competence in medicines handling through a series of scenarios that care staff face on a day-to- day basis.
How it works:
- Watch videos: View a series of video-based medication scenarios
- Identify errors: Note errors in the medication administration process
- Answer questions: Respond to a series of scenario-based questions
- Competence assessed: Receive a Learning Needs Report and proof of competence
How the competency assessment can benefit your care organisation:
- Can evidence to the regulator who is competent to handle medicines within your organisation
- Time and cost saving -no longer need to assign a senior member of staff to assess competence
- Provides a consistent approach to competency assessment
- Can be used as part of your recruitment process to ensure new staff meet your standards
An accredited online tool to reliably assess the competence of your staff.
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a Learning Needs Report on completion
E-learning£25 + VAT per licence We offer the following discounted rates: £22.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence £20 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence
How long do the courses take?
Our Foundation e-learning courses take between 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. Competency Assessments and Refresher courses take approximately 1 hour and Bite-size courses take approximately 30 minutes.
Our distance learning workbooks can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
Are Opus courses accredited?
This is what the RPS said about Opus:
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
Distance Learning Workbooks are posted promptly to an address of your choosing. Larger order can be couriered to you or sent recorded delivery.
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
Manager’s courses are undertaken in smaller groups of up to 10 delegates.
When do I get my certificate?
With distance learning, simply pop your completed assessment in the post or scan it in and email it to us for marking and your certificate will be emailed to you for you to print off and keep.
How long does my certificate last for?
Skills for Care guidance recommends that training be updated at least annually and Opus offers online competency assessments which can be used a year after your training for this purpose and refresher courses which can be completed when your certificate expires.