The accredited distance learning course you need to support a person with diabetes and understand their medicines.
Medicines Management Improvement Workshop
An accredited whole day course for care homes where poor practice has been highlighted following an inspection.
Workshop is for 12 delegates and price includes 12 Advanced Competency Assessments.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Does your care home require improvement following an inspection? This accredited course is designed to:
- Identify and eliminate bad habits that have developed over time
- Provide a reminder/ refresher about medicines procedures.
- 6 Rights and the importance of procedure
- Personalised care and importance of care plans, consent etc.
- Label exercises- highlighting PRNs, dosage of eye drops (one or two), once a day instruction etc.
- Case studies- timings, swallowing tablets whole, crushing, halving tablets etc
- Quiz questionnaire- storage, part opened containers, discontinued medicines, signing for PRNs, covert administration, audit
- Understanding processes-Controlled Drugs, warfarin, self-administration, administration of creams by care assistants
- Case studies- medicines errors and incidents, running out of medicines
- Spotting errors on MAR sheets
- Q&A’s from delegates
- Fundamental Standards-round up
Assessment will be undertaken when the delegates return to the workplace by completion of the Opus Online Advanced Competency Assessment.
Number of delegates= 12
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face CourseCost is:
- plus 12 x Advanced Competency Assessments (@£22.50 each)
How long do the courses take?
Most of our face to face courses are half day (3-hour) sessions with a qualified Pharmacist trainer at your venue. Some supplementary courses, such as buccal midazolam & epilepsy or Epipen & adrenaline auto-injector administration, are 2-hour sessions.
Our Foundation e-learning courses take between 1.5 to 2 hours to complete. Competency Assessments and Refresher courses take approximately 1 hour and Bite-size courses take approximately 30 minutes.
Our distance learning workbooks can be completed in your own time and at your own pace.
Are Opus courses accredited?
Yes! All of our courses and services are accredited by CPD, and we are a Skills for Care Endorsed Training Provider.
Where do courses take place?
E-learning courses are completed online and can be used on any internet-enabled device, including Macs, PCs and Ipads.
Distance Learning Workbooks are posted promptly to an address of your choosing. Larger order can be couriered to you or sent recorded delivery.
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
Our face to face courses are for small groups of up to 10 learners or we can provide training for larger groups of up to 16- whichever works for you!
Manager’s courses are undertaken in smaller groups of up to 10 delegates.
When do I get my certificate?
For our face to face courses, the trainer will mark your assessments and all successful delegates will receive their certificate via email following the training, usually within 7 days.
With distance learning, simply pop your completed assessment in the post or scan it in and email it to us for marking and your certificate will be emailed to you for you to print off and keep.
How long does my certificate last for?
For most courses, certificates have a recommended refresher of 2 years.
Skills for Care guidance recommends that training be updated at least annually and Opus offers online competency assessments which can be used a year after your training for this purpose and refresher courses which can be completed when your certificate expires.