An accredited medicines foundation course to update nurses on current procedures and guidance.
Medicines Management Improvement Workshop
An accredited whole day course for care homes where poor practice has been highlighted following an inspection.
Workshop is for 12 delegates and price includes 12 Advanced Competency Assessments.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
Does your care home require improvement following an inspection? This accredited course is designed to:
- Identify and eliminate bad habits that have developed over time
- Provide a reminder/ refresher about medicines procedures.
- 6 Rights and the importance of procedure
- Personalised care and importance of care plans, consent etc.
- Label exercises- highlighting PRNs, dosage of eye drops (one or two), once a day instruction etc.
- Case studies- timings, swallowing tablets whole, crushing, halving tablets etc
- Quiz questionnaire- storage, part opened containers, discontinued medicines, signing for PRNs, covert administration, audit
- Understanding processes-Controlled Drugs, warfarin, self-administration, administration of creams by care assistants
- Case studies- medicines errors and incidents, running out of medicines
- Spotting errors on MAR sheets
- Q&A’s from delegates
- Fundamental Standards-round up
Assessment will be undertaken when the delegates return to the workplace by completion of the Opus Online Advanced Competency Assessment.
Number of delegates= 12
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion
Face to Face CourseCost is:
- plus 12 x Advanced Competency Assessments (@£22.50 each)
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for NursesView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Asthma & Inhalers Course
Advanced Carers Programme (England)
Assessors Refresher Course for Medicines Handling and Managing Incidents