The accredited course you need to support a person with diabetes and understand their medicines.
Designed for staff who are responsible for transcribing medicines information onto MAR sheets.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
This accredited 3-hour competency-based practical session enables staff to:
- Accurately copy information from the label to the MAR sheet
- Understand when it is appropriate to transcribe
- Record numbers, units and doses in the correct formats
- Identify areas of risk with transcribing
- Comprehensive workbooks and resources are issued to all delegates.
- When is it appropriate to transcribe?
- When is it not appropriate to transcribe?
- How to record numbers
- How to number the MAR charts
- How to record small volumes
- How units should be expressed
- How doses should be written
- How to record medicines with the same name
- Understanding the details on the medicines label
- Updating MAR sheets
- Transcribing of dose changes
- What are the risks?
- Warfarin and high-risk medicines
- Discontinued and continued medicines
- Accuracy checking
- Practical MAR sheet exercises
- Best practice to avoid errors
- Competency Assessment
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed and presented by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with current best practice
- Evidenced by a certificate of successful completion following an assessment at the end of the course
Comprehensive workbooks and resources are issued to all delegates.
Face to Face Course£595 + VAT for a groups of up to 16 delegates
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Understanding Medicines in DiabetesView products
Face to Face / Distance Learning
Medical Conditions: Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone Disease & MSView products
Face to Face
Medical Conditions: Stroke and ArthritisView products
Face to Face
Understanding Medicines in Diabetes Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket