An accredited refresher course to update you on current procedures and guidance. Suitable for those who have already been trained.
Extra Care & Supported Living Advanced Competency Assessment
Innovative online competency assessment suitable for assessing competence of staff who regularly administer medicines. Also suitable for managers and senior staff who wish to evidence their own competency as well as assess their staff.
About This Course
Click below for more information
- Course Information
An accredited online tool to reliably assess the competence of your staff. How it works:
- Watch videos: View a video scenario to spot errors in administration
- Identify errors: Spot errors in recording on MAR sheets e.g. wrong dose given, doses given too close together, doses given at wrong time of day etc.
- Decide and Consider: Decide if you will administer a medicine looking at the medicine label and MAR sheet and other indicated factors e.g. the course is complete, the medicine is out of date, it is the wrong person’s medicine
- Answer questions: Respond to a series of scenario-based questions
- Competence assessed: Receive a Learning Needs Report and proof of competence
How the competency assessment can benefit your care organisation:
- Can evidence to the regulator who is competent to handle medicines within your organisation
- Time and cost saving -no longer need to assign a senior member of staff to assess competence
- Provides a consistent approach to competency assessment
- Can be used as part of your recruitment process to ensure new staff meet your standards
This course is:
- Accredited by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Developed by qualified Pharmacist trainers
- Compliant with CQC requirements
- Evidenced by a Learning Needs Report on completion
E-learning£25 + VAT per licence We offer the following discounted rates: £22.50 + VAT per licence for orders of 10 or more of the same licence. £20 + VAT per licence for orders of 100 or more of the same licence.
How long do the courses take?
Are Opus courses accredited?
“By being accredited as a Royal Pharmaceutical Society training provider, Opus Pharmacy Services has demonstrated that it meets our recognised quality standards and provides the benchmark for the healthcare teams it supports…”
Where do courses take place?
How many people can attend a Face to Face course?
When do I get my certificate?
How long does my certificate last for?
How do I get set up for E-learning?
How many E-learning licences do I need and how long do they last?
Safe Handling of Medicines (Refresher) Course for Extra Care & Supported LivingView products
e-Learning / Face to Face
Safe Handling of Medicines (Foundation) Course for Extra Care & Supported LivingView products
e-Learning / Distance Learning / Face to Face
Extra Care & Supported Living Foundation Competency AssessmentAdd to basket
Medicines Management Improvement WorkshopAdd to basket
Face to Face
Controlled Drugs & High Risk MedicinesView products
Face to Face
Advanced Distance Learning Workbook & Resource Pack: Competency Assessment, Auditing and Managing MedicationAdd to basket
Understanding Medicines in Anxiety & Sleep Disorders Distance Learning WorkbookAdd to basket